JUST IN: LUKE LITTLER VS RYAN SEARLE CONFIRMED FOR WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINALS TONIGHT
Luke Littler crushes Ratajski 5-0! Read why the 18-year-old superstar isn't practising at home before his semi-final clash.
Luke Littler admitted he hopes the Alexandra Palace crowd will support him again after easily reaching the World Darts Championship semi-finals.
Littler had no problems in his 5-0 win over Krzysztof Ratajski, securing his spot in the semi-finals for the third year running, where he will face Ryan Searle.
The 18-year-old faced some heat entering his quarterfinal match because of his comments after beating Rob Cross in the previous round. He responded to fans booing him by saying, "Am I bothered?" Really, am I bothered?! Really not bothered!
Can I just say one thing? You guys pay for the tickets, and you pay for my prize money, so thank you, thank you for my money! Thank you for booing me. Thank you—come on!
Those comments resulted in boos as Littler walked onto the field against Ratajski. However, those quickly became chants of 'There is only one Luke Littler' as he won the first set with a 170 checkout.
Littler had a 100.04 average and hit 10 maximums during his straight-sets victory. Afterwards, he said he feels ready to handle any criticism.
Of course, it is a fresh year, the first day of the year. There were a few boos, Littler said.
But as soon as I got on stage, the crowd was amazing. Beforehand, family and friends told me that whatever happens, happens.
As soon as I got on stage, I clapped for everyone so they knew I wanted them on my side again. They supported me tonight, and I won. I hope it will be the same tomorrow.
I'm growing mentally as a player. I know how to handle it, and I think the Rob Cross game tested me. But I got through it. In future matches, I'll know how to deal with it and move on.
Littler: I don't have a board to practice on
Despite winning easily, Littler said that he struggled with his throw and changed it several times.
He blames this partly on having a few days off and not having a dartboard at home to practice.
He also didn't have one last year when he won, and he's using the same approach as he aims to become the first player to win back-to-back titles at the Worlds since Gary Anderson in 2016. His next challenge is a semi-final match against Ryan Searle.
I am happy to get through. "I haven't been practising for almost three days," he said.
I tried to change my throw constantly. But most importantly, I got the job done.
I was just being lazy at home and not practising. We didn't bring our dartboard.
So, I can't really practice, but I would have liked to. Now we play every day, so I hope tomorrow will be better.
We stayed at home last year, and it worked. Last year, no board won it.
Home this year, no board—we'll see what happens!
What's next?
The World Darts Championship continues on Friday, January 2, when Luke Littler plays Ryan Searle, and Gary Anderson faces Gian van Veen for a spot in the final.
KENDRICK BOURNE REVEALS THE STRICT DISCIPLINE THAT SPARKED THE PATRIOTS' TURNAROUND
Kendrick Bourne speaks out! Discover why he thinks Mike Vrabel is the right fit and why he’s eyeing a 2026 return to the 49ers.
Kendrick Bourne’s path through the NFL has zigzagged all over – some highs, plenty of lows, and now, another fresh start. He took a shot with the Patriots in 2025 after building his reputation with the 49ers. But honestly, that New England chapter ended before it even got going. Bourne didn’t just slip out the back door. He left with a lot to say about what he saw brewing in New England as Mike Vrabel took charge.
Once Vrabel arrived, you didn’t need to listen for rumours about a culture shift; it was obvious. Bourne noticed right away. He’s already got his eyes set on home, back with the 49ers, but even from a distance, he could see the Patriots were heading somewhere new long before their record showed it.
Talking about his exit from New England, Bourne didn’t sugarcoat anything. Losing the job itself wasn’t the hardest part. What stung was watching Vrabel put his stamp on the team, laying down the kind of structure and discipline Bourne knew would eventually pay off. He was blunt; things just felt different under Vrabel compared to before.
He put it like this: “After going through OTAs and camp with Vrabes, you just knew. Nothing against Mayo, but he just wasn’t ready. With Vrabes, the structure was totally different in how we studied, how we met, and just the whole vibe. Honestly, I was sad about it.”
This wasn’t just a guy being bitter. Bourne respected what was happening in New England and genuinely wished he could have been part of it, especially with a Super Bowl push on the horizon. He even admitted he’d wanted to be in that locker room when the Patriots finally made it back to the big stage.
Now he’s back with the 49ers, hoping to stick around. At 30, Bourne wants a new contract in San Francisco. He had a solid 2025, racked up 551 yards, picked up a contract bonus, and gave the offence a spark. The 49ers needed reliable hands, and Bourne delivered. He’s clear: he wants to stay, but only if the deal makes sense for him.
So now, the offseason gets interesting. Bourne knows where he fits best, but he’s still keeping an eye on what’s building in New England. That mix of looking back and chasing what’s next makes this part of his career one to pay attention to.
MRI SCARE: STEVE KERR ADMITS STEPH CURRY’S "NEBULOUS" KNEE MAY REQUIRE SECOND IMAGING
Warriors crisis! Discover why Steph Curry may need another MRI and how Jimmy Butler’s ACL tear shifts GSW to the play-in.
The Warriors have been scrambling since Jimmy Butler went down with that ACL tear. He’s done for the year, and now Stephen Curry has to carry the offence on his own.
Right after the All-Star break, the Warriors are sitting in eighth place out West. That’s already shaky, and now Curry’s dealing with a knee injury too. The team calls it runner's knee; basically, he just needs time to heal. But then Steve Kerr gave an update that didn’t exactly inspire confidence.
Turns out, Curry might need another MRI. He tried to push through a full workout, but his knee just wasn’t right. Now, they’re waiting on imaging to figure out how long he’ll actually be out.
Meanwhile, Kristaps Porzingis still hasn’t suited up for Golden State. If Curry misses significant time, everyone else needs to step up in a big way. The Warriors already have one of the most average offences in the league, 15th at the break. No curry, and things get ugly fast. He’s already missed 16 games this season, and the team went 6-10 without him.
Losing Butler already knocked the Warriors out of serious contention. They’re pretty much locked into the play-in. Unless Curry suddenly goes supernova, it’s hard to see them catching the Thunder or making any real noise out West.
So, what’s next? The front office tried to swing big at the deadline, going after Giannis Antetokounmpo, though who knows if the Bucks ever really considered it. Giannis stayed put, but you can bet the Warriors will chase him again this summer.
If that doesn’t work, they’ll turn to other stars. They know the championship window is closing with Curry still on the roster. He’s still elite, but time’s ticking.
LeBron James even comes up as a possibility. If he declines his player option and hits free agency, maybe he’d team up with Curry for one last run at a ring.
Most likely, though, Golden State will look at trades instead of free agents to try to reload. Curry’s health isn’t what it used to be, and the Warriors know they have to make the most of whatever prime he’s got left.