WESTON MCKENNIE AS A STRIKER? SPALLETTI’S BOLD NEW PLAN FOR JUVENTUS' USMNT STAR

Luciano Spalletti hails Weston McKennie as a "perfect central striker" after Juventus dismantled Napoli 3-0 in a Serie A thriller.

Weston McKennie as a striker? Spalletti’s bold new plan for Juventus' USMNT star
David and McKennie are now Juve’s most untouchable duo.

Juventus coach Luciano Spalletti wants to see Weston McKennie play higher up the pitch. After Juve’s 3-0 win over Napoli on Sunday, Spalletti didn’t hold back. “McKennie is a perfect central striker,” he said. “He fights, he’s strong in the air, and he can jump. He plays to win—he makes decisions. He’d be a perfect striker.”

Juve’s win against the reigning Serie A champs keeps them right in the chase for the top four. Right now, they’re sitting fifth, trying to catch up to Inter Milan, who lead the league with 52 points after 22 games.

McKennie played all 90 minutes and wasn’t the only North American getting attention. Jonathan David, Juve’s Canadian forward, scored his third goal in four games. That caught Spalletti’s eye, too. “David showed he can hold his own in a tight box,” Spalletti said. “You have to fight for those moments—he scored like a real striker.”

Both McKennie and David are shaping up to be key players for their national teams this summer, with the U.S. and Canada both hosting the World Cup.

Spalletti got the better of Antonio Conte in this one—both men facing clubs they used to coach.

The breakthrough came in the first half. David brought down Manuel Locatelli’s long ball with his chest and finished it off. Just before that, Juve’s Khephren Thuram rattled the post, and moments after the goal, Francisco Conceicao forced a goal-line clearance from Napoli’s Alessandro Buongiorno.

Kenan Yildiz and Filip Kostic added two more goals in the second half, sealing the win for Juventus.

Napoli slipped from third to fourth, now level on points with Roma, who tied 1-1 with AC Milan.

Spalletti led Napoli to the Serie A title last year, while Conte won three straight titles as Juve’s coach after his playing days there.

David scored in his Serie A debut for Juve in August, went through a dry spell, but found his touch again this month. He had a goal and an assist versus Sassuolo, another goal against Cremonese, and set up a goal in Juve’s Champions League win over Benfica.

David’s season hasn’t been simple. Spalletti came in as coach back in October, replacing Igor Tudor.

The only bright spot for Napoli? Romelu Lukaku finally returned from injury, coming off the bench in the second half. He had one decent chance, thanks to a setup from Rasmus Hojlund, but couldn’t put it away.

PULISIC HITS BACK: MILAN STAR SHUTS DOWN 2026 GOAL DROUGHT CONCERNS

"I haven't stopped dreaming." Christian Pulisic addresses his goal drought and the frustration of missing out on the Gold Cup squad.

top-news
"I Plan On Scoring"—Pulisic Issues Warning To Critics Before World Cup -

Christian Pulisic isn’t holding back. When critics started questioning his recent form and worried about his 2026 goal drought, he shut them down, calling those concerns “bad questions". The AC Milan forward, fresh off his Time magazine cover, still trusts his ability to step up for the USMNT as they gear up to co-host the World Cup.

All eyes are on him.

The U.S. is set to share the stage for the 2026 World Cup, and Pulisic is set to become the go-to guy for the national team. Landing on the cover of Time isn’t something soccer stars from America get every day, and it just shows how big a deal he’s become, especially after proving himself in Europe. But right as people are finally giving him mainstream recognition, he’s under the microscope for not putting up his usual numbers in front of the goal.

He’s not fazed by the dip.

When Time asked about his goal drought and how he’s handling not scoring for club or country this year, Pulisic didn’t mince words; he’s not sweating it. “I plan on scoring goals. Such bad questions. I’m not concerned about it, man.” You can hear the confidence in his voice.

Dealing with the noise

Pulisic admits this stretch feels extra tough. Missing out on last June’s Gold Cup squad hurt him, mostly because he’s used to shutting people up with his play. “Normally, I just go out there and score, and that quiets everybody. Right now, I’m in my offseason, so everyone’s talking, and I can’t do anything about it. That’s what’s frustrating.”

For Pulisic, attacking is everything. “Going at the goal, creating attacks, that’s what I live for. Sure, you have to do all the other stuff: defend, run, whatever. That’s fine. But what really gives me joy is finding ways to score and actually scoring.”

Chasing the dream

The U.S. opens their World Cup run against Paraguay at the SoFi Stadium on June 12, and Pulisic will lead the team right here at home. He doesn’t like making big public predictions, but at 27, he keeps that childhood dream alive. “That’s just not how I work. But I’ll lie in bed and imagine myself holding the World Cup trophy. I did that when I was a kid, and I haven’t stopped. You need to believe. Why not?”

WHY DID LAUTARO MARTINEZ REJECT A CAREER-DEFINING MOVE TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE?

"I love Milan." Read why 28-year-old Lautaro Martinez rejected Manchester United and Arsenal to stay at the San Siro in 2026.

top-news
Lautaro Martinez Ends Exit Rumours - Photo Credit: Getty Images

Inter captain Lautaro Martinez has clearly put an end to any speculation about leaving San Siro, making it known that he has no plans to entertain offers from Europe’s top clubs. Even with regular links to teams like Barcelona, Manchester United, and Arsenal, the Argentine forward is fully committed to what’s happening in Milan.

Martinez has been quite vocal about his dedication to Inter amid constant rumours about his future. Despite frequent connections to some of the biggest clubs on the continent, he insists there’s no reason for him to move on from the current Serie A champions.

Media reports have often tied him to Barcelona, PSG, Arsenal, and Manchester United. But through various transfer windows, Martinez has consistently pushed back on the idea of leaving Inter. At 28, he remains a key figure in the team’s current setup and has stepped up as the club’s captain and on-field leader.

In an interview with Cronache di Spogliatoio, Martinez expressed his loyalty to Inter’s project. He made it clear that he isn’t interested in changing clubs despite the speculation.

He said, “No, because I am faithful to the Inter project, I feel at home here. My family is happy, we have a restaurant in the city, and we love Milan. From the first day, everyone treated me in a way I didn’t think possible. I achieved so many personal and team goals here.”

Success on the pitch seems to deepen his connection to the club. Inter recently secured another league title and continues to chase trophies, including the Coppa Italia. On an individual level, Martinez is eyeing the Capocannoniere prize as Serie A’s top scorer. His steady performances underline why he’s considered one of the most reliable forwards in European football.

Since his move from Racing Club in 2018, Martinez has become the defining presence in Inter’s modern lineup. With 173 goals over 372 competitive games, it’s clear how vital he is to the team.

Looking ahead, the club sees Martinez as a central piece in their long-term plans. His leadership and scoring ability make him hard to replace. Settled both on and off the field in Milan, he seems set on continuing his story at the Giuseppe Meazza, despite ongoing interest from Europe’s elite clubs.

Read More News