StadiumPosts Logo
Stay upto date with notifications from Stadiumposts
Notifications can be managed in browser preferences

JOB OFFER REJECTED: THIAGO MOTTA STAYS LOYAL TO EX-TEAMMATE

Juventus is frustrated as Thiago Motta, still on their payroll until 2027, rejects job offers like Spartak Moscow. The coach is wary of a career misstep, leaving Juve paying three coaching staff.

Job Offer Rejected: Thiago Motta Stays Loyal To Ex-Teammate
Motta Honors Stanković

Juventus remains frustrated by Thiago Motta's refusal of all proposals, with the latest one being from Spartak Moscow.

Even though he spent just eight months in Turin, the 42-year-old was expected to rescue the Old Lady from Max Allegri's rigid football approach. 

After Motta was dismissed in March of last year, Igor Tudor took over and has been out of work since then. 

Motta, having declined the approach from Spartak Moscow, is still under contract with Juventus. 

The challenge for Juventus is that Motta and his coaching staff, whose contracts run until 2027, continue to draw salaries amounting to €13.5 million. 

Consequently, the Serie A giants are hoping Motta and his team will terminate their contracts once they find new positions. 

It is important to note that Juventus is currently responsible for the salaries of three different coaching staffs, as Luciano Spalletti recently succeeded Tudor. 

However, Motta has turned down multiple offers, including the latest from Russia. 

After dismissing his former Inter teammate Dejan Stankovic, Spartak Moscow reached out to the ex-Bologna coach, as reported by Tuttosport, but he declined. 

In addition, while Atalanta opted to replace Ivan Juric with Raffaele Palladino, Motta had previously rejected offers from clubs like Monaco and Real Sociedad. 

Reasons for Motta's cautious approach have been examined by the Turin-based publication. 

The report suggests that the manager is concerned that another misstep could severely damage his budding managerial career rather than provide a financial gain. 

Tuttosport highlights examples such as Andrea Stramaccioni and Ciro Ferrara, who saw their once-promising managerial careers falter after challenging tenures at major Italian clubs. 

As a result, Motta prefers to exercise patience instead of taking risks in the middle of the season. 

Although Luis Enrique appears to have no immediate plans to leave Le Parc des Princes, the publication noted that former Paris Saint-Germain director Leonardo previously viewed him as an ideal candidate to coach the current European champions.

SANTIAGO CASTRO SCORES AGAIN AS BOLOGNA CLINCHES BACK-TO-BACK AWAY VICTORIES

Bologna takes a 1-0 lead! Discover how Santiago Castro’s "maturity" and an early goal stunned Brann in icy Europa League action.

top-news
Santiago Castro's early strike secures a vital 1-0 Europa League lead

Vincenzo Italiano couldn’t say enough good things about Santiago Castro after Bologna’s 1-0 win away at Brann in the Europa League play-off. “Tonight, I saw a really mature performance,” he said.

Bologna couldn’t have asked for a better start in Bergen’s icy weather. Castro caught everyone off guard with a sharp, angled shot that slipped past the keeper just nine minutes in.

They had chances to add more; Orsolini and Dallinga both forced good saves. On the other end, Skorupski had to pull off a tricky double stop when Brann finally threatened.

For Italiano, this felt like a turning point. “We had to adapt; there was no way around it. We knew it’d be tough, so we checked the pitch last night, even in the dark,” he told Sky Sport Italia. When they arrived from Italy on Wednesday, the floodlights weren’t even on for their media duties.

“We couldn’t do much more than that. No sense risking injuries. We got the win, but it’s just a one-goal advantage.”

He’s already looking ahead to the return leg at the Dall’Ara. Hopefully, we do better at home. Honestly, every time we play there lately, it feels like we’re cursed.”

That away win gives Bologna a solid edge heading into Thursday’s second leg.

Things weren’t looking great for them at the start of 2026. Just two wins in fourteen matches – it was rough. Now, after beating Torino 2-1 away in Serie A and tonight’s win, they finally have some momentum.

“These two wins gave us a boost. It’s tough keeping your spirits up when you’re losing all the time and playing every three days. It chips away at the confidence you’ve built up,” Italiano said.

“Tonight, the team played with real maturity. I hope this becomes our standard. Start with the right attitude, and stay focused. We’re not giving up as many chances now, and that’s the difference. We have to keep that up.”

Castro’s on fire too; he’s scored in three straight games and made a point of celebrating with his coach tonight.

“Santi brings something special. He’s hungry. You see it at every training session, every minute he’s on the pitch. He’s even talking football on the bus,” Italiano said.

“It’s a joy to work with young players who are this hungry and willing to help the team. I’m thrilled he’s scoring consistently now.

“He’s so mature for his age. As a centre-forward, he sacrifices a lot for the team off the ball. I always tell him that hard work pays off. Just keep at it.”

Back in November, when these teams faced off in the group stage, it finished 0-0. Bologna had more chances, even with ten men for over an hour. That draw stung; they barely missed out on direct qualification for the Europa League Round of 16.

“We played a tough match against Torino last week because we couldn’t afford another slip-up,” Italiano said.

“These guys showed focus, grit, and a willingness to sacrifice. That's all I want from now until the end of the season. We’ve paid dearly for mistakes and slipped in the Serie A standings, but we can turn things around, especially at home.”

FABREGAS APOLOGY: "I CROSSED THE LINE"—COMO BOSS BEGS FOR FORGIVENESS AFTER UNSPORTING ACT

Pure chaos at San Siro: Discover why Allegri was sent off and why Fabregas physically grabbed a Milan player mid-match.

top-news
Allegri and Fabregas clash physically as Milan and Como draw 1-1

San Siro turned into pure chaos as Massimiliano Allegri and Cesc Fabregas clashed right on the touchline. The match itself, a tense, sometimes ugly 1-1 draw between AC Milan and Como, felt almost secondary to the drama off the pitch. Red cards, physical run-ins, and a tunnel shouting match made it clear: the veteran manager and the ambitious rookie aren’t about to be friends anytime soon.

From the start, the technical area buzzed with tension. As the game wore on, things escalated when Fabregas lost his composure. He got furious that Alexis Saelemaekers avoided a second yellow, so Fabregas actually tried to stop him himself, grabbing his shirt as the Milan winger tried to break forward. That’s pretty much unheard of. Milan’s bench exploded, players and staff piled in, and Allegri ended up seeing red. The whole thing was a mess.

Even after the final whistle, the bad blood lingered. You could feel it in the air. This wasn’t just about tonight; it dated back to their first meeting earlier in the season. But now, everything spilt out in public. Milan dropped more points in the title race, which Allegri tried to play down, but you could see the frustration written all over his face.

The drama didn’t end on the pitch. Both managers bumped into each other in the tunnel, where Allegri, never shy, fired off, “You’re a child who just started coaching.” He brushed off the scuffle as a matter of discipline, not just tempers flaring.

Afterwards, Fabregas faced the press looking pretty shaken. He admitted he crossed a line. “I ask for forgiveness. I did something unsporting, something I’m not proud of. We won the ball, but I touched Saelemaekers out of emotion. Like Chivu said the other day: hands off, especially if you’re the coach. This can’t happen. I hope it never does again.”

Allegri wasn’t in the mood to forgive or forget. Sarcasm dripping, he shot back, “So if someone’s running down the sideline next time, I’ll just slide in too. I was trying to defend my player. Someone from Como came at me; I’m not even sure who, but nothing happened.”

He didn’t let up, either. “When you’re on the pitch, you need to respect the referee and the teams. There was an exchange between coaches, sure, but he’s still very young. I hope he wins a lot in his career; he’s got the talent, but he has a lot to learn.”

Still, in the middle of all this, Fàbregas found a moment to appreciate Milan’s 41-year-old Luka Modrić. “It’s a real joy to watch him play. I congratulated him. What else can you do? He’s a phenomenon, and we’re lucky to have him in Serie A. We tried to press him, get physical, but he just doesn’t care. Two guys, four guys – he always finds a way out. ”talent,

Premier League Standings

WhatsApp Read More News