StadiumPosts Logo
Stay upto date with notifications from Stadiumposts
Notifications can be managed in browser preferences

ANALYZING TYSON FURY’S PATH TO A 2026 MEGA-FIGHT WITH ANTHONY JOSHUA

Tyson Fury officially ends retirement for a 2026 return. Explore the latest on the potential Wembley showdown with Anthony Joshua.

Analyzing Tyson Fury’s Path to a 2026 Mega-Fight with Anthony Joshua
Tyson Fury Officially Ends Retirement for 2026 Heavyweight Charge

Tyson Fury’s back. After months of hinting at a comeback, he’s finally made it official—he’s coming out of retirement to fight again.

Fury hasn’t stepped into the ring since his second straight loss to Oleksandr Usyk in December 2024. That was in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and not long after, he said he was done with boxing.

But all through the second half of 2025, Fury kept dropping hints on social media that he wasn’t finished yet. This Sunday, he stopped teasing and just came out with it on Instagram.

Here’s what he said: “2026 is that year, Return of the Mac. Been away for a while, but I’m back now, 37 years old and still punching. Nothing better to do than punch men in the face & get paid for it.”

Fury (34-2-1) already pulled off one massive comeback. He went from nearly 400 pounds and struggling with his mental health to reclaiming the heavyweight throne in early 2020. This time, things look a little different. He’s 37 now, settled with his wife, Paris, and their seven kids, and doesn’t need to worry about money again.

So, what’s next? All signs point to the fight everyone’s been waiting for—Fury vs. Anthony Joshua. These two have been circling each other for at least five years, always seeming close to a mega-fight, but something kept getting in the way.

Back in 2021, they even announced a two-fight deal. Then Deontay Wilder won an arbitration case and forced Fury into a third fight, blowing up the plan.

Now, it finally feels real. People are talking about Wembley Stadium in September 2026. Both Fury and Joshua were supposed to have tune-up bouts earlier in the year to warm up for the big one.

But right now, nobody’s talking much about Joshua and boxing. Last week, he survived a car crash in Nigeria that killed two of his closest friends, Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele. Joshua’s still grieving, and it’s hard to imagine him jumping straight back into fight camp. There was talk about a February 14 bout with kickboxer Rico Verhoeven, but after what happened, that’s pretty much off the table.

If Fury and Joshua do finally meet, there won’t be any belts on the line—neither guy holds a title these days. But the payday? Both could pocket at least £100 million.

And Usyk? He’s still unbeaten, still holding the WBC, WBA, and IBF belts, after recently giving up the WBO title to Britain’s Fabio Wardley.

Just to recap: Fury’s last fight was that unanimous decision loss to Usyk in Riyadh, December 2024. Now, at 37, he’s gearing up for one more run.

THE WELTERWEIGHT KING: HOW RYAN GARCIA’S TACTICAL SHIFT DISMANTLED MARIO BARRIOS TO WIN GOLD

Ryan Garcia is the new WBC welterweight king! Get full fight results, O'Reilly’s knockdown, and the Shakur Stevenson call-out.

top-news
Ryan Garcia wins WBC welterweight title with dominant unanimous decision victory

Ryan Garcia put on a show Saturday night, outclassing Mario Barrios to grab the WBC welterweight crown in a clear-cut unanimous decision. The judges’ cards said it all: 119-108, 120-107, 118-109. No controversy here; Garcia left no doubt he earned that belt.

Barrios, who now sits at 29-3-2 with 18 knockouts, just couldn’t keep up. This loss stings even more coming off his draw with Manny Pacquiao last July.

Garcia wasted no time, knocking Barrios down with a big overhand right in the opening half-minute. But he didn’t get reckless. Instead, Garcia picked his shots, working combinations upstairs and catching Barrios off guard late in round three.

After the fight, Garcia didn’t hold back. “You know who I want. He’s right there. Shakur Stevenson. Let’s go. Let’s run that,” he said on DAZN.

Stevenson, by the way, beat Teofimo Lopez in January to become a four-division champ. If that fight happens, sparks will fly.

Back in the ring, Barrios, 30, just couldn’t figure Garcia out. He’d land an occasional right, but nothing rattled Garcia. By round five, Garcia was all over him, attacking from the bell and unloading on Barrios’ head, though he didn’t manage another knockdown. Still, no question was in control.

At one point in the tenth, Garcia even glanced over at Barrios’ corner, maybe sending a little message to his old trainer, Joe Goosen. Garcia’s dad, Henry, is back in his corner after a stint with other coaches.

Knowing he was way ahead, Garcia eased off in the final rounds. He could coast.

It’s been a wild year for Garcia. He got hit with a year-long suspension and a $1 million fine by New York for allegedly using PEDs after his win over Devin Haney in April. The WBC also kicked him out for a few months after he used racial and ethnic slurs, and he’s dealt with some legal trouble, too.

On top of all that, Garcia was bouncing back from a tough unanimous-decision loss to Rolando Romero in Times Square.

Earlier in the night, Gary Antuanne Russell held onto his WBA super lightweight title with a unanimous decision over Japan’s Andy Hiraoka. That moves Russell to 19-1 with 17 knockouts, while Hiraoka takes his first loss.

Richardson Hitchins was supposed to defend his IBF super lightweight belt against Oscar Duarte, but he pulled out last minute, saying he was sick. That match was actually set to be the co-main event, but there’s no word yet on whether Hitchins will lose his title because of it.

THE EIGHT-FIGURE GAMBLE: CONOR BENN SIGNS A MASSIVE ONE-FIGHT DEAL WITH ZUFFA BOXING

Conor Benn joins Zuffa Boxing! Discover why he left Eddie Hearn, the details of his 8-figure deal, and Dana White's global plans.

top-news
Conor Benn officially joins Zuffa Boxing after a decade with Eddie Hearn

Zuffa Boxing just landed one of the top welterweights out there, Conor Benn. The up-and-coming promotion announced Benn’s signing, adding even more star power to its growing roster.

Benn, 29, is riding high after a huge win over Chris Eubank Jr last November, finally getting his revenge after Eubank handed him his first-ever loss just seven months before. Right now, Benn stands at 24-1, with 14 knockouts. He’s held the WBA Continental Europe Welterweight title, too. There’s no date or opponent set for his Zuffa debut yet, but this is a big move for Dana White and his crew, who are serious about building a roster packed with champions and big names.

“I’m filled with excitement and hunger for what’s ahead with Zuffa Boxing,” Benn said in a press release. “I want the legacy fights, the biggest nights, the biggest stages. I fear no man at any weight, and I’m ready to give the fans the fights they’ve been calling for. I’m in my prime, and together we have bold, ambitious plans.”

Dana White is just as fired up. “Conor Benn is an absolute beast and a superstar,” he said. “He shows up every time and destroys people, and now some of the best fighters in the world are calling him out. He’s ready for a world title next, and I can’t wait to see him compete in Zuffa Boxing. He’s going to be a huge addition to a growing stable of very talented boxers.”

Sports Illustrated reports that Benn’s contract is a one-fight, eight-figure deal, though neither White nor Benn has confirmed that.

This move also heats the ongoing rivalry between Dana White and Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn. Benn had been with Hearn ever since he turned pro in 2016, but now he’s switched sides. Earlier this year, White and his team also grabbed IBF and The Ring cruiserweight champ Jai Opetaia, another former Hearn fighter.

Lately, Hearn and White have been trading shots in the media, which is wild considering they used to get along before White jumped into boxing. With two big signings already in the bag, Zuffa is out to prove it means business. And you just know they’re not stopping here.

Premier League Standings

WhatsApp Read More News