StadiumPosts Logo
Stay upto date with notifications from Stadiumposts
Notifications can be managed in browser preferences

DONE DEAL: CRYSTAL PALACE CONFIRM £35 MILLION CLUB-RECORD SIGNING OF FORWARD BRENNAN JOHNSON

Crystal Palace have smashed their transfer record to sign Brennan Johnson from Spurs for £35m. See his debut vs Newcastle on Sunday!

Done Deal: Crystal Palace confirm £35 million club-record signing of forward Brennan Johnson
Brennan Johnson completes medical

Brennan Johnson just sealed his £35 million move from Tottenham to Crystal Palace. The 24-year-old Wales international signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Selhurst Park.

Johnson led Spurs in scoring last season but lost his spot under Thomas Frank. Now, he’s set for his Palace debut against Newcastle at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

“I’m really excited and happy,” Johnson said. “Crystal Palace is a club I’ve always admired. The timing feels perfect, and I can’t wait to be part of what they’re building here.”

Palace manager Oliver Glasner sounded thrilled, too. “Brennan gives us real attacking options with his speed and eye for goal. Full credit to the club for moving so fast to get this done. With so many matches coming up, he’s a huge addition for us.”

Last season, Johnson netted 18 goals and scored the winner in the Europa League final against Manchester United—finally ending Tottenham’s 17-year trophy drought. But after Frank came in and brought in Mohammed Kudus, Johnson found himself mostly warming the bench.

He wasn’t even in the squad for Tottenham’s 0-0 draw with Brentford on New Year’s Day. Less than a day later, Palace announced his signing.

For Glasner, Johnson’s arrival is a lifeline. After a 1-1 draw with Fulham, the manager admitted his thin squad was stuck in “survival mode.”

Palace have been stretched all season, juggling a heavy fixture list after their FA Cup win sent them into the Conference League. The Fulham game was already their 31st of the campaign, and Glasner only had 14 fit first-teamers to pick from.

Johnson’s signing brings some real excitement to South London. He’s Palace’s first big investment since Eberechi Eze left for Arsenal in August.

Chairman Steve Parish said, “We’re delighted to have Brennan—a young talent with a fantastic record in domestic, continental, and international football. We believe Palace is the perfect place for him to keep growing, and he gives us more firepower in what’s turning into our busiest season ever, including our first time in Europe.”

Palace, sitting 10th, heads to Newcastle on Sunday, hoping to snap a six-game winless streak.

BRUNO SALTOR OFFICIALLY JOINS TOTTENHAM AS ASSISTANT COACH FOR THE NORTH LONDON DERBY

Tottenham appoints Bruno Saltor! Discover the new coaching team under Igor Tudor and the departures following Thomas Frank's exit.

top-news
Tottenham Confirm Bruno Saltor as Assistant Coach Under Igor Tudor

Tottenham Hotspur just shook up their coaching staff, bringing in Bruno Saltor, a guy who’s worked with Chelsea and West Ham in the past.

Saltor’s stepping in alongside interim boss Igor Tudor until the season wraps up. Spurs let go of Thomas Frank earlier this month, and, like Manchester United, they’ve decided to go with a temporary setup for now and figure out the bigger picture in the summer.

Tudor, who’s managed clubs like Marseille, Lazio, and Juventus, is set to take charge for the first time this weekend in the North London derby against Arsenal. Saltor will be in the dugout for his first Spurs match, too.

If you’ve followed Saltor’s career, you might know he’s often worked with Graham Potter. That’s how he ended up at both Chelsea and West Ham. When Potter left Chelsea in 2023, Saltor took over as interim head coach. His one match in charge ended in a 0-0 draw with Liverpool. Frank Lampard replaced him soon after, and Saltor stayed on as part of the coaching staff until Mauricio Pochettino arrived, at which point he moved on. He later reunited with Potter at West Ham but left when Potter did in September.

Tottenham’s official statement confirmed the news: “Following the arrival of Igor Tudor as Head Coach until the end of the season, we can now confirm the appointment of three additional coaches to our Men’s First Team coaching staff. We welcome Bruno Saltor as Igor's assistant coach." Born in El Masnou, Spain, Saltor started his playing career in his home country before joining Brighton in 2012. He made 235 appearances there over seven years, then moved into coaching with the Seagulls after retiring in 2019. Since then, he’s picked up experience at Chelsea and West Ham.

Along with Saltor’s appointment, Spurs also announced some departures. Justin Cochrane, John Heitinga, and Chris Haslam are all leaving the coaching staff after Frank’s exit. The club thanked them for their efforts and wished them well.

GLASNER OUT? CRYSTAL PALACE CONSIDERING IMMEDIATE EXIT FOR BOSS AFTER DISMAL EUROPEAN DRAW

Oliver Glasner’s exit is imminent! Discover why Robbie Keane has emerged as the favorite to lead Crystal Palace out of crisis.

top-news
Odds crash on Robbie Keane becoming the next Crystal Palace manager.

Oliver Glasner was supposed to stick around at Crystal Palace until the end of the season. That was the plan, anyway. But after another rough run of results, his exit could come a lot sooner.

Thursday night in Bosnia should’ve been nothing special, just a routine first leg against a team Palace should handle easily, with the real test back at Selhurst Park next week. Instead, a 1-1 draw against Zrinjski Mostar turned into another mess in a season that’s gotten uglier by the week for Glasner and Palace.

The travelling fans didn’t hide how they felt.

Palace have only managed one win in their last 15 games. That’s not a blip; it’s a full-on collapse, and it looks like Glasner’s time might be up even faster than everyone thought.

People at the top of the club have started openly asking if letting Glasner finish out his contract is actually hurting more than helping. He said back in January that he’d leave when his deal was up in the summer, but with results falling off a cliff and morale at rock bottom, those discussions have picked up speed.

Word is, Palace have already started looking for Glasner’s replacement, planning for a summer hire. But now, it looks like they might bring in his successor right away.

One name has shot straight to the top of the list: Robbie Keane.

TalkSPORT’s Alex Crook says Palace are considering Keane as a short-term fix if Glasner goes before the season ends. Keane’s reputation has soared lately. He won the Israeli Premier League with Maccabi Tel Aviv, then took the Hungarian league title in his first season at Ferencváros.

His win rate at Maccabi was over 73 per cent. He’s also done time as an assistant coach at Leeds and Middlesbrough. People who’ve played for him, like Ireland’s Callum O’Dowda, rave about him. O’Dowda said, “As soon as he opens his mouth, you want to listen. It’s phenomenal, really. On the coaching side,e he has been good.”

For now, Keane is still in charge at Ferencvaros, who are still in the Europa League, so prying him away won’t be simple.

Palace sit 13th in the Premier League, eight points clear of the relegation zone, but that gap feels less safe with every week they fail to win.

Tottenham even considered Keane as an interim manager before they went with Igor Tudor.

Premier League Standings

WhatsApp Read More News