StadiumPosts Logo
Stay upto date with notifications from Stadiumposts
Notifications can be managed in browser preferences

ARDA GULER SLAMS LIVERPOOL'S SZOBOSZLAI DESPITE REAL MADRID TRANSFER INTEREST

Real Madrid is reportedly interested in Liverpool's Dominik Szoboszlai, despite a public feud with current Madrid player Arda Guler. Meanwhile, Liverpool is progressing in talks to secure Szoboszlai with a new long-term contract.

Arda Guler Slams Liverpool's Szoboszlai Despite Real Madrid Transfer Interest
Güler's Judgment Complicates Real Madrid Move

A news story in Spain says that Arda Guler, a Real Madrid player who plays offence, doesn't think highly of Liverpool's Dominik Szoboszlai, even though Real Madrid is interested in him, based on what Fabrizio Romano said about the player's future.

Even though Liverpool is a very important team, Madrid has kept trying to get players from them. Real Madrid convinced Trent Alexander-Arnold to turn down new offers from Liverpool so he could move to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2025. They are also trying to get Ibrahima Konate for free when his contract as a French defender ends next summer.

Real Madrid has also been mentioned as a possible team for Dominik Szoboszlai. Hir TV, a news source in Hungary, said earlier this month that Real Madrid and Manchester City might try to get the midfield player if he does not agree to a new deal with Liverpool.

Defensa Central, a news source that focuses on Real Madrid, has now backed up that claim, saying that the powerful teams in Spain and Europe are "starting to think about signing" Szoboszlai.

The source says that Arda Guler, who plays offence for Madrid and Turkey, "would not like it because he thinks the Hungarian player is too proud and talks too much."

Defensa Central also talked about the argument between Guler and Szoboszlai in March 2025, saying that Guler "will not be very happy when he finds out that one of the people who has bothered him the most might end up being his teammate" at Real Madrid.

The headline about Szoboszlai says, "Arda Guler does not get along with him, but Real Madrid is planning to sign him."

What happened between Dominik Szoboszlai and Arda Guler?


In the UEFA Nations League Play-offs A/B, Turkey beat Hungary 3-1 in the first game on March 20, 2025, and then won the second game 3-0 three days later, making the total score 6-1.

Because of this, Turkey moved up to UEFA Nations League A, while Hungary moved down to League B.

At the Puskas Arena in Budapest, Guler scored the second goal for Turkey in the second game. He celebrated in a way that caused controversy by telling Szoboszlai to be quiet.

Szoboszlai was doing well for Liverpool while Guler was struggling to get playing time under Carlo Ancelotti, who was the manager of Madrid at the time.

The Hungarian midfielder, who later won the Premier League with Liverpool the season before, made fun of Guler on social media.

Szoboszlai wrote "1088," which was the number of minutes the Turkish player had played for Madrid at that point, in a comment on Instagram under a picture of him being told to be quiet by Guler.

Guler responded to Szoboszlai by sharing the same picture on his Instagram story with the message, "This guy is a joke." Wouldn't six goals be enough to make you quiet?

Guler also made a small change to the scoreboard graphic in the picture he shared, as The Liverpool Echo reported at the time.

It was changed to show the 3-0 score of the game, highlight his goal, and jokingly give Hungary's score to "Szoboszlai, 1 Instagram comment."
What goals does Liverpool have for Dominik Szoboszlai?
Szoboszlai's agreement with Liverpool ends in the summer of 2028, and the current Premier League champions do not plan to sell the Hungarian international midfield player.

The 25-year-old midfield player, who cost €70 million (£61.5 million, $81 million) to join Liverpool from RB Leipzig in the summer of 2023, has become an important player on manager Arne Slot's team.

Earlier in the month, transfer expert Fabrizio Romano shared that Liverpool is talking about a new agreement with Szoboszlai.

"Liverpool is working on new agreements—Ryan Gravenberch and Dominik Szoboszlai," Romano said on his YouTube channel.

Gravenberch and Dominik Szoboszlai have already had some early talks, and discussions between Liverpool and Szoboszlai about a new agreement are currently progressing.

"Let me be clear about something. The discussions have not been finalised yet. Although Dominik Szoboszlai and Liverpool are still in talks, we have not reached a verbal agreement.

So, the conversation is still happening. It is big news that Liverpool is willing to give him a raise.

Even though Dominik Szoboszlai was already paid well, his performances have been excellent.

"Gravenberch is also playing very well, so Liverpool wants to keep both players for a long time, but recently, discussions with Dominik Szoboszlai have progressed, and Liverpool is pushing forward."

There is now a conversation and a negotiation taking place. Again, the negotiation is not close to being done.

"There is still more to do, so it is not a done deal, but there is a very good connection, and Liverpool is trying to move quickly with Dominik Szoboszlai.

We will see how long it takes, but the discussion is still happening.

Szoboszlai is doing great. He was fantastic last season. He is playing in every game and consistently this season, which makes him even more amazing.

Szoboszlai was often named the best player even when Liverpool was losing, so the team is doing very well, and the goal is to try to move forward.

"So, we will see what happens next in the discussions between Szoboszlai, his representatives, and Liverpool. Deal in progress, talks ongoing."

Romano said on Threads earlier in the week: "Liverpool has offered Szobo a new deal." 

REAL MADRID SURGE: ARBELOA HAILS "PERFECT FIT" TRENT ALEXANDER-ARNOLD AHEAD OF OSASUNA

Real Madrid is flying! Discover how Trent Alexander-Arnold’s return and Arbeloa’s tactics have Madrid eyeing a 5-point lead.

top-news
Alexander-Arnold confirmed fit and "assured" for Saturday

Real Madrid’s manager, Alvaro Arbeloa, talked about how the team’s been getting better lately and singled out Trent Alexander-Arnold for making a real difference since coming back from injury. On Saturday, Madrid has a shot to push their lead over Barcelona to five points at the top of La Liga. They’re also on track for the Champions League Round of 16.

Most reporters wanted to talk about the Prestianni-Vinicius situation, but in Madrid, the real buzz is about how much the team’s improved after a strong showing in Lisbon. Under Arbeloa, Madrid have won all five of their league matches.

“We want to keep growing, together and as individuals,” Arbeloa said. “When you first arrive, you spend time getting to know the players, figuring out what clicks. We’re focused on making sure everyone contributes, not just the starting eleven. All the good things you’re seeing come from the work of all 25 guys.”

Trent Alexander-Arnold keeps getting praise, too. Since coming back, he’s started twice in a row and looks more assured on Madrid’s right side.

“You can see it in the way he passes, his accuracy. He barely needs space or time. He gives the forwards an edge, making guys like Mbappé and Vini run. After his injury, he’s come back in great shape. That’s not easy. He fits perfectly with what we need. I’m really happy for him.”

As for who’s playing at centre-back against Osasuna, Arbeloa didn’t give much away.

“We’ve got five top centre-backs, and I hope Militao’s back soon. I’m glad to have almost everyone fit. We’ll watch how they train today, then make the call.”

Then there’s Jude Bellingham. With Madrid’s midfield looking balanced against Benfica, people are already wondering how Bellingham fits in, though he’s still out for a few more weeks with a hamstring injury.

“If I had to give up my arm to get Jude healthy by tomorrow, I’d do it,” Arbeloa said. “He’s a leader, one of the best around. What really makes me proud is how the team’s stepping up without him. That says a lot about this group. If I could give him a magic potion to speed up recovery, I’d do it. I have zero doubts about him, actually. It’s the opposite.”

THIBAUT COURTOIS JOINS: REAL MADRID STAR OFFICIALLY BUYS INTO LE MANS FC; STATEMENT RELEASED

Real Madrid's Courtois joins Le Mans FC! Discover the details of the OutField acquisition and the new youth training centre plans.

top-news
Real Madrid star officially buys into Le Mans FC; statement released

Le Mans has released a statement after Thibaut Courtois invested in the club. They put it simply: “A two-time Champions League winner and iconic goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois brings top-level expertise, both on and off the pitch.”

The club went on: “This summer, the Brazilian group OutField acquired a stake in Le Mans FC, and now they’re stepping up even further by finalising the club’s acquisition. They’re doing it alongside a reinforced group of world-famous athletes and European investors.

“This bigger commitment is all about speeding up and solidifying Le Mans FC’s growth. OutField is working with club president Thierry Gomez, providing the resources needed to push the project forward.

“One piece is already in motion: construction has started on a training centre focused on developing local talent. The medium-term goal is to make Le Mans FC a national leader in youth development, turning it into a true engine for growth and a steady pipeline of talent for the first team.”

The club’s ambitions don’t stop there. In the statement, Le Mans added, "As he approaches a decade as president, Thierry Gomez stays at the heart of the project he kicked off back in 2016, building a resilient, well-structured club for the long haul.

“For nine years, we’ve worked hard to strengthen the club’s organisation, build up youth training, grow the women’s section, and bring together everyone involved: players, staff, volunteers, partners, and fans.

“We want to build a sustainable football club that’s ambitious, deeply connected to the city’s famous motorsport heritage, and recognised worldwide. The big priorities are improving on the field and developing the Le Mans brand, both at home and abroad, so we can really unlock all of the club’s potential.”

With all these star-studded owners, some people have started calling Le Mans the “French Wrexham". Courtois now joins the likes of his Real Madrid teammates Kylian Mbappe and Vinicius Jr, who've also invested in clubs. Mbappe put £12.6 million into SM Caen, a French third-division side, in July 2024. Vinicius is the majority investor at Portugal’s FC Alverca, which just earned promotion to the Primeira Liga.

Bringing Courtois on board fits with Le Mans’ big ambitions: they want to make a name for themselves across Europe and beyond, boosted by the support of world-class athletes like Courtois and Djokovic.

Right now, Le Mans sits fifth in Ligue 2, just three points off the top after 23 matches. They won promotion from the third tier in 2024/25 but haven’t played in Ligue 1 since the 2009/10 season, and they’ve only spent five years in the top flight in their whole history. With this new wave of investment and high-profile backing, Le Mans is clearly aiming to change that, and maybe sooner than people expect.

Premier League Standings

WhatsApp Read More News