StadiumPosts Logo
Stay upto date with notifications from Stadiumposts
Notifications can be managed in browser preferences

CAN ANTHONY YARDE STOP HIM: DAVID BENAVIDEZ PROMISES RING IV ROUT

David Benavidez vows to "dominate" Anthony Yarde in their WBC light heavyweight title fight in Riyadh. Benavidez promises a war after the hardest training camp of his career against the power-punching Yarde.

Can Anthony Yarde Stop Him: David Benavidez Promises Ring IV Rout
Benavidez Predicts Yarde Obliteration

After finishing the most challenging training camp of his 12-year career, David Benavidez has pledged to "dominate" Anthony Yarde.

In the main event at ANB Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on Saturday night, Ring No. 2 light heavyweight Benavidez (30-0, 24 KOs) will defend his WBC title against Ring No. 3 Yarde (27-3, 24 KOs).

During the last press conference on Thursday, the two spoke to the media and both pledged fireworks at the top of the schedule for The Ring IV: Night of the Champions, which is one of the most fan-friendly contests at 175 pounds.

Benavidez, however, maintains that he does not anticipate a fair matchup with Yarde, the Englishman vying for the world championship for the third time.

"I want to rule, but I am prepared for anything," he declared. I will turn into a war if it becomes one, but I will undoubtedly prevail.

"Of all the bouts I have trained for, this one is the hardest. I will enter there and start a conflict with you guys.

"I have never neglected someone, and I am most definitely not overlooking him. That is the reason I am currently in this situation. I have studied Anthony for a very long time and have treated him with the respect he deserves. I am incredibly prepared for this battle and everything he has to offer.

"I know Anthony Yarde is a fantastic fighter, and I have had my eye on him for a very long time. He is really powerful and has a lot of heart. Anthony Yarde's ability to make every battle exciting is what I find appealing in him.

"I enjoy starting conflicts." I am fighting a war. I want to provide fans with the thrilling battles they desire. I had trained really hard and had a fantastic training camp. This battle will last to the very end.

In his two prior tries to win the world title, Yarde was defeated by Artur Beterbiev in 2023 and Sergey Kovalev in 2019. This time, he claims that Turki Alalshikh, the chairman of Saudi Arabia's General Entertainment Authority and the head of Riyadh Season, personally invited him, boosting his confidence.

"I keep hearing this notion that 'three times is a charm' or 'third time lucky,'" Yarde said.

"I do not think luck exists, but I think my experience has improved me as a boxer. I feel like this is my moment, my time. Turki contacted me directly because he wanted me to be amused during this battle. He remarked, "The way we fight, it is certain it is going to be a meeting of the titans." There were other combatants in the hat. From a stylistic standpoint, I believe this fight ends in a knockout.

"I think this is my best self. I have always stated that I want to defeat someone like David Benavidez, but I do not want an easy approach since there are guys who go and win vacant belts, and I have nothing against them. I travelled to Russia to confront Kovalev for this reason. I am aware of the danger.

"I decided to travel to Russia despite everyone's advice not to. Then, everyone is stating that Beterbiev is a monster and that you should not attack him. "Give me him, I will fight him," I said. I do not care who it is because, in my opinion, the better the fighter I oppose, the bigger the prize. It has to do with legacy.

Additionally, Norman, the top fighter in The Ring at 147 pounds, promises to make sure their bout does not last long.

"He can only go so far," Norman remarked. We are confined to a box. The boy will go to sleep whether he runs or just stands there.

"I can succeed by any means required." I can go to the cards if I want to. I will surely knock him out if that is what I want to do. I am marking my name in the game.

Haney, however, dismissed rumours that he would face renowned puncher Norman, who built up this matchup with one of the Knockouts of the Year in his June bout with Jin Sasaki.

"We fight everybody differently," Haney remarked. I have been through this before. I did not fight Jose Carlos Ramirez the same way I did [Vasiliy] Lomachenko, and I did not fight Regis [Prograis] the same way I did Lomachenko. The world must witness the strategy my team and I have devised to defeat this man. He is a fantastic boxer, in my opinion.

THE EIGHT-FIGURE GAMBLE: CONOR BENN SIGNS A MASSIVE ONE-FIGHT DEAL WITH ZUFFA BOXING

Conor Benn joins Zuffa Boxing! Discover why he left Eddie Hearn, the details of his 8-figure deal, and Dana White's global plans.

top-news
Conor Benn officially joins Zuffa Boxing after a decade with Eddie Hearn

Zuffa Boxing just landed one of the top welterweights out there, Conor Benn. The up-and-coming promotion announced Benn’s signing, adding even more star power to its growing roster.

Benn, 29, is riding high after a huge win over Chris Eubank Jr last November, finally getting his revenge after Eubank handed him his first-ever loss just seven months before. Right now, Benn stands at 24-1, with 14 knockouts. He’s held the WBA Continental Europe Welterweight title, too. There’s no date or opponent set for his Zuffa debut yet, but this is a big move for Dana White and his crew, who are serious about building a roster packed with champions and big names.

“I’m filled with excitement and hunger for what’s ahead with Zuffa Boxing,” Benn said in a press release. “I want the legacy fights, the biggest nights, the biggest stages. I fear no man at any weight, and I’m ready to give the fans the fights they’ve been calling for. I’m in my prime, and together we have bold, ambitious plans.”

Dana White is just as fired up. “Conor Benn is an absolute beast and a superstar,” he said. “He shows up every time and destroys people, and now some of the best fighters in the world are calling him out. He’s ready for a world title next, and I can’t wait to see him compete in Zuffa Boxing. He’s going to be a huge addition to a growing stable of very talented boxers.”

Sports Illustrated reports that Benn’s contract is a one-fight, eight-figure deal, though neither White nor Benn has confirmed that.

This move also heats the ongoing rivalry between Dana White and Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn. Benn had been with Hearn ever since he turned pro in 2016, but now he’s switched sides. Earlier this year, White and his team also grabbed IBF and The Ring cruiserweight champ Jai Opetaia, another former Hearn fighter.

Lately, Hearn and White have been trading shots in the media, which is wild considering they used to get along before White jumped into boxing. With two big signings already in the bag, Zuffa is out to prove it means business. And you just know they’re not stopping here.

CRIS CYBORG EYES HISTORY: MMA LEGEND SET FOR WIBA WORLD TITLE BOXING MATCH ON MARCH 28

Cris Cyborg makes history! Discover how she plans to hold MMA and boxing world titles simultaneously on March 28 in Brazil.

top-news
Cris Cyborg confirms 2026 will be her final year in professional fighting

Cris Cyborg is about to chase a slice of history on March 28.

Since leaving the UFC back in 2019, the former featherweight champ hasn’t slowed down one bit. She grabbed the Bellator 145-pound title, then picked up another belt in the Professional Fighters League. It’s like every time she shows up somewhere new, she leaves with gold.

Now, in 2026, Cyborg says she’s on her retirement tour. But she’s not just coasting to the finish line; she’s still looking to add something big to her legacy. This time, she’s stepping into a boxing ring, not an MMA cage.

It’s been a while since Cyborg lost a fight. That was back at UFC 232 against Amanda Nunes. Since then? She’s rattled off nine straight wins in MMA, but that’s only half the story. She started boxing in 2022, and she hasn’t lost there either: seven wins, no defeats.

On March 28, Cyborg gets her biggest boxing test yet. She’ll fight Paulina Cardona for the WIBA super welterweight belt. Winning would make her the first fighter ever to hold world titles in both MMA and boxing at the same time. Big names like Amanda Serrano and Holly Holm have held this belt before, so it’s not just any title.

Journalist James Lynch broke the news online and pointed out just how rare this accomplishment would be. If Cyborg pulls it off, she’ll stamp her name in the record books, plain and simple.

Let’s talk about her opponent. Cardona’s been in the ring a lot – 68 pro fights, to be exact – but her record isn’t exactly stellar. She’s 27-34-7, has been knocked out 15 times, and has only managed two wins in her last 14 outings. So, yeah, Cyborg’s the clear favourite here, and people are already raising eyebrows about the level of competition she’s been facing in boxing.

Still, history’s on the line in Curitiba, Brazil. All eyes are on Cyborg to see if she can pull off something no one else has done before. 

Premier League Standings

WhatsApp Read More News