FOREST SQUAD OPENS UP ON SHOCKING ANGE POSTECOGLOU DEPARTURE
Inside story on Ange Postecoglou's 39-day Forest reign reveals player friction over his intense training, a dressing room rant, and his swift sacking after the Chelsea loss. Murillo even liked the dismissal post.
Following the firing, the team's candid opinions on now-former head coach Ange Postecoglou have surfaced.
Postecoglou was sacked from his duties shortly after Forest's 3-0 home loss to Chelsea on Saturday. Since taking Nuno Espirito Santo's place at the City Ground last month, Forest has lost eight games without a victory.
Before Forest's most recent setback, the writing seemed to be done, as Ange said in a fiery press conference earlier this week that "the story always ends the same… me with a trophy."
Josh Acheampong, Pedro Neto, and Reece James all scored goals to end Ange's tenure, which lasted just 40 days and was the shortest managerial tenure in Premier League history.
As usual, several candidates have been proposed to fill the vacancy, with Sean Dyche seemingly the front-runner.
However, where did Postecoglou's situation go so wrong in such a short period of time?
According to a Mail story, some players "raised a few eyebrows" since Ange's workouts were more intensive than Nuno's, while others were "excited" by the Australian's tactics and philosophy of playing in a free-flowing offensive style.
Additionally, it is alleged that Postecoglou was "dismissive" of the team's accomplishments from the previous campaign, in which Forest qualified for European competition and finished seventh. Under Nuno, the Reds advanced to the FA Cup semifinals in 2024–2025 as well.
When Forest lost 3-2 to Swansea City of the Championship, who scored twice in stoppage time in the Carabao Cup match, cracks began to show up in Ange's second game as manager. The former Spurs manager then yelled at his players in the away dressing room.
Despite signing a new three-year contract with the team in July, The Mail also claims that there have been concerns regarding important player Morgan Gibbs-White's mentality due to rumours of a summer transfer to Manchester City and Spurs.
Centre-back Murillo even approved of Forest's official statement confirming the 60-year-old's dismissal, which only served to further aggravate the feelings of the outgoing Postecoglou.
Minutes after the Chelsea game, the coach was told he was fired, according to a story from The Guardian. He then said the players' farewell and wished them well in the future.
Jules Breach, a reporter for TNT Sports, clarified that Ange went out alone with a knapsack on his back.
Breach stated, "Based on our observations in the tunnel, Ange Postecoglou entered the home dressing room, talked to the players, and then actually descended to the opposite side of the tunnel area before that interview took place. We watched him leave, and Edu was in the hallway at the time.
"Ange Postecoglou headed out toward the parking lot while carrying a bag. Although it appeared that the writing was on the wall at that point, the news was not confirmed until a few minutes later. As far as we know, Ange Postecoglou has already left the stadium, but her backroom crew is still present."
Postecoglou's brief tenure at Forest will undoubtedly be the subject of more discussion, but for the time being, one thing is certain: he will not remember his time in Nottingham with nostalgia.
BRUNO SALTOR OFFICIALLY JOINS TOTTENHAM AS ASSISTANT COACH FOR THE NORTH LONDON DERBY
Tottenham appoints Bruno Saltor! Discover the new coaching team under Igor Tudor and the departures following Thomas Frank's exit.
Tottenham Hotspur just shook up their coaching staff, bringing in Bruno Saltor, a guy who’s worked with Chelsea and West Ham in the past.
Saltor’s stepping in alongside interim boss Igor Tudor until the season wraps up. Spurs let go of Thomas Frank earlier this month, and, like Manchester United, they’ve decided to go with a temporary setup for now and figure out the bigger picture in the summer.
Tudor, who’s managed clubs like Marseille, Lazio, and Juventus, is set to take charge for the first time this weekend in the North London derby against Arsenal. Saltor will be in the dugout for his first Spurs match, too.
If you’ve followed Saltor’s career, you might know he’s often worked with Graham Potter. That’s how he ended up at both Chelsea and West Ham. When Potter left Chelsea in 2023, Saltor took over as interim head coach. His one match in charge ended in a 0-0 draw with Liverpool. Frank Lampard replaced him soon after, and Saltor stayed on as part of the coaching staff until Mauricio Pochettino arrived, at which point he moved on. He later reunited with Potter at West Ham but left when Potter did in September.
Tottenham’s official statement confirmed the news: “Following the arrival of Igor Tudor as Head Coach until the end of the season, we can now confirm the appointment of three additional coaches to our Men’s First Team coaching staff. We welcome Bruno Saltor as Igor's assistant coach." Born in El Masnou, Spain, Saltor started his playing career in his home country before joining Brighton in 2012. He made 235 appearances there over seven years, then moved into coaching with the Seagulls after retiring in 2019. Since then, he’s picked up experience at Chelsea and West Ham.
Along with Saltor’s appointment, Spurs also announced some departures. Justin Cochrane, John Heitinga, and Chris Haslam are all leaving the coaching staff after Frank’s exit. The club thanked them for their efforts and wished them well.
GLASNER OUT? CRYSTAL PALACE CONSIDERING IMMEDIATE EXIT FOR BOSS AFTER DISMAL EUROPEAN DRAW
Oliver Glasner’s exit is imminent! Discover why Robbie Keane has emerged as the favorite to lead Crystal Palace out of crisis.
Oliver Glasner was supposed to stick around at Crystal Palace until the end of the season. That was the plan, anyway. But after another rough run of results, his exit could come a lot sooner.
Thursday night in Bosnia should’ve been nothing special, just a routine first leg against a team Palace should handle easily, with the real test back at Selhurst Park next week. Instead, a 1-1 draw against Zrinjski Mostar turned into another mess in a season that’s gotten uglier by the week for Glasner and Palace.
The travelling fans didn’t hide how they felt.
Palace have only managed one win in their last 15 games. That’s not a blip; it’s a full-on collapse, and it looks like Glasner’s time might be up even faster than everyone thought.
People at the top of the club have started openly asking if letting Glasner finish out his contract is actually hurting more than helping. He said back in January that he’d leave when his deal was up in the summer, but with results falling off a cliff and morale at rock bottom, those discussions have picked up speed.
Word is, Palace have already started looking for Glasner’s replacement, planning for a summer hire. But now, it looks like they might bring in his successor right away.
One name has shot straight to the top of the list: Robbie Keane.
TalkSPORT’s Alex Crook says Palace are considering Keane as a short-term fix if Glasner goes before the season ends. Keane’s reputation has soared lately. He won the Israeli Premier League with Maccabi Tel Aviv, then took the Hungarian league title in his first season at Ferencváros.
His win rate at Maccabi was over 73 per cent. He’s also done time as an assistant coach at Leeds and Middlesbrough. People who’ve played for him, like Ireland’s Callum O’Dowda, rave about him. O’Dowda said, “As soon as he opens his mouth, you want to listen. It’s phenomenal, really. On the coaching side,e he has been good.”
For now, Keane is still in charge at Ferencvaros, who are still in the Europa League, so prying him away won’t be simple.
Palace sit 13th in the Premier League, eight points clear of the relegation zone, but that gap feels less safe with every week they fail to win.
Tottenham even considered Keane as an interim manager before they went with Igor Tudor.