ARNE SLOT TOLD TO AXE ANDY ROBERTSON AFTER INJURY BOOST

Liverpool's Andy Robertson is fit and ready to return, providing a boost for the Reds after understudy Milos Kerkez faced criticism following the Chelsea defeat. Will Robertson reclaim his starting spot?

Arne Slot told to axe  Andy Robertson after injury boost
Andrew Robertso leaving the pitch

Ahead of the October international break, Andy Robertson has given Liverpool a new boost in fitness. After rejoining Scotland's team, the 31-year-old seems to have allayed worries about an issue he acquired during the Reds' Saturday loss to Chelsea.

After the final whistle blew at Stamford Bridge, the left-back was seen limping away in pain after taking a knock as Liverpool lost 2-1 in stoppage time.

Season limited, the defender has now expressed his enthusiasm at donning the Scotland shirt again over the break.

Robertson said, "I can't wait," on the Scotland national team's YouTube page prior to Thursday's World Cup qualifying match against Greece.

"We haven't been here in a very long time, especially for a competitive, significant game.

"The boys just can't wait to be back out in front of the fans and give them something to shout about."

Despite making six appearances for Liverpool this season, Robertson has only been given two starts since Milos Kerkez took position. This season, Robertson has only been given two starts since Milos Kerkez took his position.

The Hungarian has played in all 11 of the Reds' games since joining from AFC Bournemouth for £40 million, but he has had a challenging run and has come under fire for his most recent effort against Chelsea.

Loss to Chelsea, Gary Neville was unreserved in his criticism of the defender, calling him "naïve", "a baby", and "a youth". In his harsh criticism of the defender after Saturday's loss to Chelsea, Gary Neville called him "naïve", "a baby", and "a youth team player".

According to former Scotland player Craig Burley, Kerkez is on loan under Slot and will soon be replaced in the starting lineup by Robertson.

"Of the best left-backs in the Premier League, Kerkez has just lost confidence in his form," Burley told ESPN FC. He's going to be dropped for Andy Robertson, in my opinion.

He will probably need to re-incorporate Andy Robertson into the squad. There is a problem with the entire backline.

Having a heart-to-heart with the defender, Scotland manager Steve Clarke reportedly said that Robertson had precisely predicted how both his and Kerkez's seasons would go.

The Daily Record claimed that he said, before the international break, "I had a good chat with Andy last week and a good chat with him before the season."

"And things have gone very much as we anticipated at the time, with Andy making his way onto the team while Kerkez would start.

That's what has taken place. We were always certain that Andy would receive a lot of minutes.

"On the plus side for us, if he's getting good minutes for Liverpool but not getting all the minutes, it means he comes into Scotland camps probably a little bit fresher than he has been in recent years, which can only be good for us."

Slot will have to make the difficult choice of whether to keep Kerkez in his starting lineup or add Robertson back after Liverpool hosts Manchester United at Anfield following the international break.

MOHAMED SALAH SET TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL: FENERBAHCE PREPARE STUNNING THREE-YEAR CONTRACT OFFER

After a decade at Anfield, Mohamed Salah's next move is the talk of football. Will he join Messi or stay in European leagues?

top-news
Salah Rejects Saudi Millions - Photo Credit: Getty Images

Mohamed Salah looks set to leave Liverpool this summer, and it sounds like he wants to stay in Europe. One of the hottest rumours right now is about Fenerbahçe; they’re ready to offer him a three-year deal worth around £52 million. That’s a huge pay packet, but probably not as big as what he’d get in Saudi Arabia.

Salah’s been on Merseyside for almost a decade, and it’s hard to overstate just how much he’s done for Liverpool. Since joining in 2017 with Jurgen Klopp in charge, he’s picked up two Premier League titles, a Champions League medal, an FA Cup, and two League Cups. Pretty impressive, honestly. But this season hasn’t gone his way, and new boss Arne Slot dropped him for a few games after his form dipped. When Salah announced in March that he’d be leaving, people started up with transfer rumours right away.

In recent years, clubs from the Saudi Pro League have shown considerable interest. Last year, Al Ittihad went as far as slapping a £150 million offer on the table, but Liverpool turned it down.

Now the story goes that Salah wants to stay in Europe even though he’d pocket way more in Saudi Arabia. Reports out of Egypt claim Fenerbahce, managed by Jose Mourinho’s old club, have already sat down with Salah’s agent. They apparently laid out their big plans, offering £17.3 million a year with a three-year contract, and they want to build the team around him to end their league title drought stretching back to 2014.

There’s also talk of Real Madrid getting involved. Still, their transfer policy usually steers clear of handing massive contracts to players pushing the end of their careers, even superstars like Salah. Clubs in Italy, like Roma, Juventus, and Inter Milan, are keeping tabs on him too. And just to make things more interesting, someone floated the idea of Salah joining up with Lionel Messi at Inter Miami in the MLS, though the league's salary cap throws a wrench into that.

At this point, everybody’s watching Salah’s next move; the only certainty is that he won’t be short of offers when he finally says goodbye to Liverpool.

WHY IS LIVERPOOL HESITATING TO HIRE XABI ALONSO DESPITE OVERWHELMING FAN SUPPORT?

Liverpool has contacted Real Madrid to investigate Xabi Alonso’s tenure, as pressure grows on current manager Arne Slot at Anfield.

top-news
Liverpool Seek "Inside Scoop" From Madrid On Alonso’s Sacking Background - Photo Credit: Getty Images

Liverpool have reached out to Real Madrid to ask about Xabi Alonso, but honestly, there’s some debate going on behind the scenes. People have been talking about Alonso stepping in at Anfield, especially since Arne Slot’s season hasn’t gone over well. Fans let out some boos after that 1-1 draw with Chelsea, and the mood is pretty tense. Even though Slot led Liverpool to a league title last year, quite a few supporters seem fed up with him and would rather see Alonso take charge.

But Spanish outlet AS says Liverpool have contacted Real Madrid to get the inside scoop on what happened during Alonso’s time at the club. It sounds like the decision-makers at Liverpool are starting to feel unsure about him, and they might actually stick with Slot for another season.

Alonso landed the Real Madrid job last summer after doing wonders at Bayer Leverkusen. Still, just six months in, Madrid let him go, reportedly because the locker room was falling apart. Liverpool’s relationship with Real Madrid is strong, and they apparently want some honest feedback – kind of like asking for a reference from a past employer, which isn’t unusual.

Liverpool’s spot in next year’s Champions League is almost locked in, but with two games left, it’s not guaranteed yet. When asked about the boos, Slot admitted he has some work to do to win fans over.

He said, “Not this season. Fans won’t change their minds now. But if we get the summer we’re planning, I’m convinced we’ll be a different team next season. Results, style, everything. It’s not always easy, though. Sometimes you know what needs fixing, but getting what you want isn’t so simple. This season, it’s been pretty clear what we’re missing. We’re trying to solve it, but one issue is simply having enough fit players. Still, our guys show every week in the second half that they’re giving everything they’ve got.”

Read More News